3-9 June 2013, Hearts & Goals
Join hundreds of supporters across the UK and help raise awareness and promote better understanding of AF.
Heart Rhythm Week provides a platform for individuals, groups, organisations and healthcare professionals to come together to raise awareness of AF. One of the main objectives of this year’s Hearts & Goals campaign is to raise awareness of the importance of pulse checks in screening for AF.
Did you know?
- 1 in 4 people over the age of 40 will develop AF
- AF causes 1 in 5 strokes and increased dementia risk by 50%
- A simple pulse check is the easiest way to detect AF
What can I do?
Whether you are working, learning or playing, there are many ways to get involved in Heart Rhythm Week!
- Give information to your friends and family
- Display information in your local community by organising an awareness display in your local medical centre, nursery, hospital or leisure centre
- Share your story for Heart Rhythm Week. Heart Rhythm Week generates a lot of media interest nationally, regionally as well as locally by you. If you think you could help, share your story
- Bake cakes to sell at school, work or in your own home to raise funds for AF Association
How can I get involved?
It’s easy! Order your free Heart Rhythm Week pack through the Heart Rhythm Week website:
For further support on Heart Rhythm Week, contact Pippa Mawle: email@example.com or telephone +44(0)1789 451 833
Don't forget to send in your photos!
The best photos from Heart Rhythm Week will be featured on the AF Association website and newsletter. Here are some of the photos sent to us by members in the past: